Now a days, people need immediate replies and solutions, hence they would like to chat with the executive to get immediate resolution, hence Live Agent provide users the ability to interact with the agents through web chat to get more information about specific product or queries. In this article I will go through how to setup Live Agent and various concepts related to it.
First of all, you have to enable Live Agent in your org.
- Click on Name | Setup | App Setup | Customize | Live agent | Settings
- Click on Enable Live Agent check-box as shown in below screen shot
As soon as, you enable this feature few object auto created for your organization, those are
- Live Chat Visitors: The Live Chat Visitor tab contains information about visitors that have participated in chat sessions.
- Live Chat Transcripts : The Live Chat Transcripts tab contains the transcripts of completed chat sessions.
- Live Chat Transcript Events: Contain all information that contains chat request,accept request or route details and Visitor Left.
- Live Agent Sessions: This Live Agent Sessions tab contains information about agent session, time spent online , time spent on chat etc.
- Live Agent Supervisor :This tab contains information about your department’s chat buttons and chat agents, all in one place.
- Live Agent : This tab contains information about Chat transcript and from here you can launch live agent console.
- Quick Text : Quick Text lets users create standard messages, such as greetings and answers to common questions, which support agents can easily insert into communications with customers. Quick Text is automatically enabled for organisations that have enabled Live Agent. If you want to create quick text click on Quick text (Tab) | New and fill the details as per your choice.
Now create one App, which is a console app, where we include Live Agent.
When you enable live agent for your organization , next step is create user or grant existing user to required permission so they can work as live agent. To do that go to user record and select live agent user (feature licenses) check-box as shown in below screen shot
Enable skills and assign them to users
Skills classify the abilities of agents based on that you can route requests to the right set of agents. For example, if your support center handles both technical and non-technical issues, you would create separate “Technical” and “Non-technical” skills, and assign agents accordingly. Then, when a query comes in that requires technical expertise, Salesforce routes the request to those agents in the “Technical” skill set only. To create Skills follow the below instructions
- Click on Name | Setup | App Setup | Customize | Live agent | Skills
- Click on New button, it will redirect you to a new page from where you can create new skills
- Enter Name, Users and Profile that have this skill then click on Save ,as shown in below screen shot
Chat Buttons and Automated Invitations
- Click on Name | Setup | App Setup | Customize | Live agent | Chat buttons and Automated Invitations
- Click on New button, it will redirect you to a new page from where you to fill all required details to create new chat button
I have included Online/Offline Image by saving them in Static Resources and linked it to a Force.com Site. When you click on Save for Chat Button, then Chat Button code gets generated.
Now create Deployment, follow the below instructions
- Click on Name | Setup | App Setup | Customize | Live agent | Deployments
- Click on New button, and fill all required details as shown in below screen shot
Click on Save and Deployment code gets generated.
Create a HTML page with “Chat Buttons” and “Deployments” code as per below
Now we are good to go, I will open the Live Chat Console and have Live Agent Available.
I have saved that HTML file, when I click on it, based on the agent availability, system will show me either Online or Offline image.
When I click on this image, it will send the request to initiate chat with Agent.
And this is how Chat has started as per below.
- Live Agent User should be checked on User record.
- Skills which has been created, should be included in that Chat button.
- Live Agent can be stored in Browser cookies hence at times you need to delete the cookies and start all over again.
- Live Agent users require API Enabled administrative permission on profile.
- Agents also need at least the “Read” permission on Live Chat Visitors and Live Chat Transcripts to review visitor and transcript records.